mr_bill;318298 Wrote:
> I've never used Last.fm, but just received the newsletter from Slim
> Devices to sign up.
>
> My question is:  What bitrate does Last.fm stream at.  I'm hoping it's
> high - so the sound quality is decent!
>
> Thanks.

Thought I would jump in here and say I am VERY pleased with the sound
quality I'm getting with 128kbps streams from my SB3 on Pandora &
Last.fm.  I'm using an (inexpensive) external DAC and a good hi fi
system.  I spent the last hour or two listening to mostly Pandora and
the sound was really beautiful on nearly every recording.  When I
bought the SB3 I thought it would be merely acceptable for background
listening but it is now my main source of music, mostly using Pandora,
and I haven't turned my CD/SACD player on in weeks.  It's really that
good and this is at 128kbps!

--
kh6idf