opaqueice;331739 Wrote:
> By the way, the SB3 jitter is -not- high, at least according to various
> measurements I've seen.  IIRC it's somewhere below the 100ps mark.  I
> think most digital transports have considerably higher jitter.

Sure, the SB3 has lower jitter than some/many more expensive
transports.  But, my CEC is known to have one of the lowest jitter
figures of any transport at any price.  And it sounds great.

I'm not married to the CEC, I'm married to good sound.  Had I not heard
the CEC compared to the SB3 I would have thought the SB# was fantastic.
Now I'm spoiled.  If I can get equal or better sound from the SB3 using
a different DAC or a Pace-Car etc... I'd do it in a second and sell the
CEC.  If I get a different DAC, I have to drive myself crazy deciding
which one to pick because everyone is swooning over 2 or three DAC
lately yet there are contradicting reports on their sound and their
jitter reducing capabilities.

--
SatoriGFX