DeVerm;339442 Wrote:

> Amusia actually proves that we don't hear the sound that enters our
> ears but a brain-processed result of which that sound-input is only a
> part.

Nothing groundbreaking there; the reality we construct from our senses
is based on perception.

Nonetheless, recordings are manipulated by engineers who add "air" and
"separation" (with good reason according to the article), and the
audiophile's goal is to recreate the stimulus as accurately as
possible. Sure it's a misguided pursuit for some, but you can't say
that pulling the speakers out from the wall and hearing more separation
is placebo.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/