Stratmangler;347771 Wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
>
> I run my SB3 wired - I prefer the sound !
> All of my music is flac.
> SB3 volume is disabled (ie fixed to 100%) as the sound degrades
> considerably when the SB3 volume control is used - the music just
> becomes flat & lifeless. I prefer to control volume further down the
> line.
>
> My router is 10 feet away from my SB3, albeit up a (wooden) floor, and
> signal strength is excellent. My wired ethernet cable is basic UTP with
> RJ45 crimps connected directly on the ends.
>
> My SB3 has a beefier SMPS PSU than the one supplied.
> SB3 is fed into an external DAC.
>
> ChrisIf you are having "sound quality" differences between wired and wireless
then it's something else in your system and not wireless.  You either
get the packets or you don't.  It's not going to downgrade the sound.
Do a blind test or check your inputs.  It may be just a volume
difference that is fooling you.  It happens all the time to people and
not just you.  The only reason to not use wireless is dropouts due to
interference or a lousy router. :)

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality