Nonreality;347837 Wrote:
> I know that we of feeble ears can only guess but no where is it said
> that the quality is in bursts.  It is always (and seldom)said just that
> they prefer the wired.  I would think that if it was the power down it
> would only occur then.  This is a lot like the flac vs wav with some
> people.  I really think it's more likely to be input levels to be this
> noticeable.  Can I visit you on your boat?? :)

I re-scanned the thread and indeed can't find that info... but I read
it somewhere on the slim forums... I'll try to find it ;-)

I must also include this: we -always- have a "high-power" 500mW wifi
link active when we use the Duet which is on a 2nd low-power
wifi-router. The high power wifi is connected to a 8dB high-gain
external omnidirectional antenna which is located about 4 meters from
the SBR (it's our Internet uplink). Both wifi routers are within 2
meters of the SBR. When I pause playback on the SBR, turn the volume
all the way up and do some Internet-browsing, i hear.... nothing.
Conclusion: my SBR has more than adequate RF shielding. When I activate
my 200W HAM kit my speakers throw their cones around the place but they
also do that with SBR switched off and they even do it a little with
the amp switched off ;-) So, if they actually hear something, it will
come from an inside SBR source, not external RFI. My 500 mW wifi is a
much higher source of RFI than any neighbours wifi router (typical 50
mW).

cheers,
Nick.

--