DeVerm;347831 Wrote:

> 1. It isn't distortion or anything like that but we hear the wifi
> data-transfer as noise-bursts during playback.
>
> 2. When we switch to wired this stops because the wifi transceiver is
> powered down. Later on, this power-down was confirmed by someone from
> Slim.

Nick

I knew this would happen!  I don't think anyone (in this thread, at
least) other than myself has claimed to hear the wifi bursts in any
incarnation of the Squeezebox.  In my case it was quite clearly an
interaction between the SB2 wifi circuitry and the op-amps in my
pre-amp, and this was caused by the unusually close proximity of the
two, due to building the SB2 and pre-amp into a single chassis.

I have yet to experiment further with RF shielding, but I'm absolutely
certain that there is no such audible effect in a conventional setup.
Of course, those who claim better hearing than me might use this to
suggest that  a conventional setup does have these problems, and its
just that I can't hear them, but with my experience of my DIY project,
I know what it sounds like, and it is definitely not there with my SB3,
for instance.

--
chill