I just checked the benchmarks manual and it says:

"
The coaxial inputs use female RCA connectors
that are securely mounted directly to the rear
panel. The input impedance is 75 Ohms.
Maximum word length is 24-bits. All sample
rates between 28 and 195 kHz are supported.

The Coax inputs are DC isolated, transformer
coupled, current limited, and diode protected.
The RCA body is bonded directly to the
chassis to prevent currents in the internal
ground systems. This direct bonding also
maximizes RF shielding.
"

So, it's weaknesses here imho are 1) RCA instead of BNC and 2) RCA body
not isolated. Also, the "Coax inputs are DC isolated" statement is not
fully true as ground is not isolated, but the signal is. When you
isolate the RCA body from the chassis, it can't see "currents in the
internal ground systems" as the result. They have more than one ground
system? Also, RF shielding can be done just as well with insulated
connector-bodies although it might be a problem with RCA. There are BNC
connectors with chassis-insulation built in just for this purpose.

But, when you have no ground-loop issue, it doesn't matter, or use
toslink. I think the RCA's are too closely grouped to allow replacement
with BNC.

On another front: I don't see the need for diode protection here... I
think it's a misprint because you would rectify the input-signal...

cheers,
Nick.

--
DeVerm