Phil Leigh;351527 Wrote:
> Based on what you have written it would appear that the Numerik may have
> a small DC offset on its analogue output. The issue is not with the SB.
> This isn't usual with Linn gear, but it is possible that the Numerik
> may have a faulty output cap that should be blocking DC but isn't. The
> Numerik will be quite old by now...you should probably think about
> getting it serviced.
>
> Phil

Phil

Thank you for your response.  I forgot to mention in my previous post
that I did a little experiment by disconnecting the SB3 from the main
and tried switching between various inputs.  No "pop" sound.

I actually thought that there was something wrong with the Numerik and
so I rang Linn up this morning.  It was the engineer who actually
suggested that I should try this experiment.

I wish I could try connecting the SB3 to the Numerik using an optical
link, but unfortunately the Numerik doesn't have an optical input.

Any thought?

Thanaset

--
Thanaset