Thanaset;352093 Wrote:
> Hi Phil
>
> I hope you get this message.  After a long conversation on the phone,
> my dealer agreed to send a courier to pick the Numerik up tomorrow.  I
> had to try really hard to convince him that there is something wrong
> with the Numerik.  He said he will ask an engineer to have a look at it
> and I will have to include a note explaining the symptom.  If it turns
> out there is nothing wrong with it, I'll have to pay for everything!
>
> Well, the only thing I can do now is to make sure that the engineer
> finds the fauty parts.  I think it's a good idea to narrow the list
> down so he doesn't miss the spot.  If you don't mind, could you let me
> know what I should ask the engineer to look at?  You help has been much
> appreciated.
>
> Thanaset

Oh - well I hope that I haven't accidentally caused you any major
expense! That wasn't my intention at all. I was simply suggesting some
possibilities.

Personally I think it's a good idea to get items like this serviced or
at least checked over anyway since the Numerik must be quite old by now
(1999 was when it finished production). I've had some Linn gear that
aged rather quickly due to class A operation  and high internal
operating tempratures (Linn Aktiv crossover springs to mind).

If it was me I'd be looking for DC leakage on the right channel output
(the one that caused the "popping". If present it will be really easy
to find.
However, I am only guessing the problem from a long way away!. If they
send it back and say " no fault found" but you still get the popping,
I don't know what to say.

However, while it is away/before they collect it you could try
connecting the SB to the Cyrus via its analogue outputs (removethe
Numerik completely) and see if the popping is still there... that would
indicate a problem in the amp (unlikely).

Do you have anyhting else connected to the Cyrus?
Regards
Phil

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)