Phil Leigh;352102 Wrote:

> However, while it is away/before they collect it you could try
> connecting the SB to the Cyrus via its analogue outputs (removethe
> Numerik completely) and see if the popping is still there... that would
> indicate a problem in the amp (unlikely).

Thanks for a very quick response, Phil.

I immediately disconnected the Numerik once you mentioned that it was
the source of the problem for fears of causing harms to the system.
Since then I never heard any "pop".  I am now fairly certain that the
Numerik is the suspect.

I've got my Musical Fidelity A3 player and a Samsung DVD player
connected to the Cyrus -- not one of them causes any noise.

I just really want to make sure that they discover the culprit(s).  The
dealer was very polite on the phone.  It's just that he insisted the
engineer tested the unit before it was shipped to me and he found no
problem.

No more E(vil)Bay for me!

Thanaset

--