GHillTX;350523 Wrote:
> The setup I liked best was using a NetGear Ready NAS network external
> hard drive.  It's small and silent and costs $399 with 500GB and
> another $99 gets you another 500GB for the extra tray inside. With that
> config you get RAID for duplicate file copies.  One really cool thing
> about this product is that it connects wirelessly to your home network
> so you can put it anywhere, and you don't have to have any computers
> turned on to get full operation from it, since the Squeezebox software
> resides on the Transporter.

The NetGear ReadyNAS is not wireless as mentioned above, but you really
don't want your server to be wireless anyway!  That would lead to two
wireless hops if your SB/TP is also wireless.  This can sometimes work
but often pushes the limits of wireless networking if you have a
marginal home environment for wireless.

Also note the server software does not reside in the Transporter or any
other SB player for that matter, it's always in the server, which is why
SqueezeCenter is slow on the ReadyNAS because the ReadyNAS is not a
general-purpose computer.

TheRooster2000;350728 Wrote:
> Can a M3U Playlist automatically be generated?

Why do you want a playlist?  IMHO playlists are used for older player
software and aren't really necessary at rip time for SqueezeCenter.

Anyway EAC can automatically write playlists, I'd imagine dBpowerAMP
can as well.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta), SBC (beta - no battery)
Sold: SB3, Duet