Themis;379643 Wrote:
> The AVR280 and the DacMagic use the same D/A converter chip. ;)

Possibly, I was told (and as far as I can see looking at the specs)
that the AVR350 shares the same spec Wolfson DAC chips as the DacMagic,
but the AVR280 has a slightly lesser spec version.  I also presume there
is more going on inside a dedicated DAC compared to the onboard
circuitry inside the amp(?).
I haven't compared my SB running through the DacMagic compared to the
AVR280's (will try it tonight!), but I did compare my CD player when I
first connected, and the CD sound was definitely better going via the
DacMagic compared to a digital connection into the amp.

--
swarduk