konut;379750 Wrote:
> A significant upgrade of your system would be costly. Only small
> incremental gains would be realized with getting a better AV receiver,
> SB mod, DAC, etc. To "raise the bar" using a similar configuration, a
> dedicated AV preamp with balanced outs to powered speakers would be
> appropriate.

Agreed, but the days when I had the space for pre/power amps have
passed... :o(
I'm pleased with the improvements I have made though, maybe it wasn't
that difficult because I was starting from a low base with my old amp!
And it hasn't cost that much to make a nice improvement, even if itsn't
"true audiophile" sound, it's a pretty good imitation... with the
convenience of a SB!

--
swarduk