Labarum;397881 Wrote:
> I didn't need convincing. I said in the beginning "I hear no
> difference."
>
> And I fail to see what messing about with vinyl sources and and a cheap
> ADC proves. How close would two digitisations of an analogue original
> be? The resulting digital files would not be identical.
>
> The objective test of the firmwarm is this: is the transfer
> bitperfect?
> A guess that test has been done.

no no no no
1) I'm using FLAC files from CD as the source.
2) what is this cheap ADC you are referrring to? - I have some very
expensive ones to hand (Apogee, RME Hammerfall...) However, the
differnce process doesn't require a world class ADC, just a competent
one.

3) two digitizations using my test rig get a correlation of -92 to
-100dB that's about as good as it CAN get!

bitperfect is important but is a complete red herring in this
dicsussion. It's the DAC that makes (or I should say recovers) the
music. and the DAC needs more than bits, it needs a clock!.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom