Phil,

I agree with you trying to make facts clear.  I am not trying to
protect anything.

Just good science.  The point is in their help files - they are from a
frequency comparison background. They openly state you have to record
the difference, not necessarily linearly.  If the difference isn't
resolved by your ADC - and that's not the original recording from
analogue - but output post DAC filtering which will have out of band
audio elements, then you will not record the difference.

If you were to compare some of the non oversampling trendy DIY DACs
with minimal filtering  with the SB3 there would no major differences
in your suggested test method.

If you listen to the difference then it is likely that all the post
20kHz artifacts from these 'special' DACs would affect sound
significantly especially through intermodulation products generated in
your amplifier stages.  You even had Panasonic years ago claiming to
simulate lost harmonics!!

I suppose we are not going to agree.  Best wishes on your efforts to
uncover the truth.

Dave

--
DaveWr