ligald;399499 Wrote:
> How did you managed the sensitivity matching between TP and the amp
> input? You probably added attenuators with fixed or variable "gain".
Start by turning the TP's volume down very low, connect it directly to
your power amp and start playing some music. Turn the TP's volume up
until the playback level is the loudest you'll ever want. At this stage
you can read off the attenuation from the TP's display - that is the
amount of passive attenuation you need to add between TP and power
amp.

ligald;399499 Wrote:
> Do you have any brand/model to recommend? Or do you know if there exist
> balanced cables with integrated attenuators?
Many people around here seem to like the Endler attenuators. Others
have used the Rothwell ones with success.

As far as I'm concerned, both are ridiculously expensive. Once you know
the required attenutation, the input impedance of your power amp, and
the output impedance of the TP (which is 100 ohms), you can work out
the resistor values required and then add 4 resistors in each XLR plug
to get the attenuation. Total cost is under a dollar, although you do
of course need to be able to solder.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A