opaqueice;403894 Wrote:

> And how precisely are they supposed to know that?

Err .. read the booklet. Ask the engineer to be sure.

opaqueice;403894 Wrote:

> This test all but proved that the SACD standard is not audibly
> different than redbook.  Are you trying to argue that even though that
> is true, 24/96 is?

It proves no such thing. It demonstrates that the esteemed self-styled
audiophile members of the BAS cannot hear the differences, which, given
the poor way they set their equipment up and select recordings does not
exactly surprise me. And how is it one of them has spent $1000 on a
single Nordost SPM interconnect, the benefit of which we must presume
he can hear, yet they cannot hear a whole A-D/D-A signal chain, with
dozens of components and connexions in it? And why do the females score
so much worse than chance?

--
JezA