Not that I want to pat myself on the back or anything but.....

More in the way of reaching a middle ground has come about since my
last post than in the 10+ prior posts. I'm glad to see that things are
beginning to lighten up a bit since nothing new or constructive was
being said, just the same old arguments over and over again.

I admit that there have been many valid points brought up and based on
the reasonable points made by both sides I'm beginning to think, as I
stated before, that the truth does lie somewhere between the extremes.
One should try and use a blind test along with a decent set of
measurements as a starting point and work from there. Regardless of
what type of testing one adheres to, be it DBT or subjective testing,
no type of testing replaces listening for oneself and, if at all
possible, listening to the equipment under consideration in one's own
audio system. Because as the man says: YMMV

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2