Teus de Jong wrote:
> discussion is that I'm afraid a lot of people won't know the difference
> between the sound of a real Steinway and the sometimes totally distorted
> version some amplifiers make of them.

When my daughter was trying to get into music schools (trumpet), we
recorded her playing at the home of a professional accompanist. This
woman was a music professor at a nearby university, and played all the
usual places (Kennedy Center, etc.). She had a full size grand piano in
her living room. It wasn't a Steinway, I forget, maybe a Bösendorfer.

I'll never forget the sound of her playing with me sitting on the sofa.
Amazing. And no stereo that I've ever heard has replicated it.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/