Hi all,

I'm building my own DAC and I want to perhaps use a Transporter 3 as
one of
the inputs.... for purchased music and I want also to rip my CD
collection
so I can get rid of that large cabinet beside my stereo !!!!

So... a few questions.  I guess these are directed at Logitech
technical
types or hobbyists who have already been where I am and have done what
I'm
doing.   If you don't KNOW the answer to the question, please keep
your
OPINION to yourself.  I'm spending significant time designing and
building
a project and I don't want to have errors designed in.

Yes I have searched but did not find answers to these questions.

Firstly, what is the layer 0 protocol of the word clock input?  That
is,
what is the voltage / impedance / duty cycle spec for this input?  I
see it's a BNC connector but I don't know if it's 50 ohms or 75 ohms
and I've
never been able to find a post on this board that says what the
voltage
or duty cycle are.

Secondly, it appears that the input rates accepted are 44.1, 48, and 96
kHz.
What does the Transporter do if faced with 96 kHz word clock input and
a flacsource file that is from a ripped CD.... Does it convert
the input data source (interpolating) to get the data rate to 96 kHz?

Thirdly, does the Transporter 3 automatically detect the presence of
the
word clock and then use that as a source to lock its PLL to?  Or would
have to go into some setting menu in SW to tell the Transporter to use
the
word clock or not ?

Fourth, for those who have a T3 alrady and are playing 96/24 files, is
there
a significant difference between those and CD ripped files?  (I would
think
so).  Along hese lines I downloaded the sampler 96/24 files from
HDtracks
and played thru my Duet. I thought it was quite dynamic compared to CD.
Note
that the Duet cannot play 96 kHz, I read that the PC SW downconverts
the
96 kHz sample rate to 48 kHz, and sends that to the Duet.

Cheers, and thanks....

--
wayne325