seanadams;418536 Wrote:

> If your DAC is smart enough to decipher the incoming S/PDIF channel
> status, you could set the outgoing clock accordingly as TP will indicate
> the correct playback frequency in those bits. I'm not aware of any DACs
> that actually do this - AFAIK they all require you to set manual toggle
> switches which I think is pretty hokey.

Hi Sean,

I'm having difficulty figuring out exactly what the code is I have to
look for in order to automagically have my DAC switch the clock
frequency.

All I can find for S/PDIF is sample rate encodings in channel status
byte 3,

bits:

3210

0000 = 44.1 kHz
0010 = 48 kHz
0011 = 32 kHz

THere doesn't seem to be encodings for 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz.

Does the Transporter write encodings other than the ones listed above
and
if so, what are they? I hope I've found the correct place to be
looking
for these encodings.

Thanks much,

W.