An ideal word clock source would be simply a 3.3 or 5V logic signal with
a 100 ohm resistor in series.  The impedance doesn't matter, that's just
to protect you from a short. You could also put a ferrite in series to
slow the edge, since a sharp transition is not needed or desirable
here.

You should test it with a function generator to get an idea how it
works - and you can make fun sounds using the sweep knobs!  What
Transporter does with this signal is multiply it up to the required
internal MCLK. Then all other clocks (LRCK, BICK) are derived from that
MCLK, the same as they would be from an internally generated MCLK. It is
really a "dumb slave" to whatever clock you give it.

If your DAC is smart enough to decipher the incoming S/PDIF channel
status, you could set the outgoing clock accordingly as TP will
indicate the correct playback frequency in those bits. I'm not aware of
any DACs that actually do this - AFAIK they all require you to set
manual toggle switches which I think is pretty hokey.

Once you have something hooked up, try putting a scope on 1)
Transporter's MCLK and 2) your internal oscillator. They should be
synchronized, with some arbitrary but constant phase offset.

PS there is no TP3. There's TP and SB3. See:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/HardwareComparison

--
seanadams