Phil Leigh;419438 Wrote:
> ??? - you want to use the clock out from the DAC to drive the transport
> - you don't want to use the SPDIF clock!!!!

No, we're talking about using channel status bits (extra data embedded
in the s/pdif stream) so that Transporter can communicate to the DAC
what the correct clock frequency should be. These bits are already
defined in the s/pdif spec, although I don't think anyone has used them
for this purpose before. It would solve the problem of having to
manually set front panel switches on the DAC to set the clock rate.

--
seanadams