Fatila wrote:
> Interesting, I assumed I would need an integrated amp as a power amp
> would also need a pre amp to be a complete unit as it were. I am looking
> at a minimal, but also high quality solution. I was not aware the
> Transporter could output directly to speakers, but would probably want
> the option of adding a component if needed later on. Would Transporter >
> Power amp > Speakers be best option for quality then?

You are a bit confused.

You don't need an integrated amp, you could use just a power amp, they
are cheaper as they skip the pre-amp parts.

Source -> poweramp -> speakers
is exactly the same as
Source -> powered speakers

except that the powered speakers have built in amp that is designed to
match the speaker's needs.

There is no "best quality" solution. Its all a matter of personal taste.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/