I have just purchased what I consider to be my first audiophile system.
I have had the bug for years (since college and don't ask me how long
ago that was).  The components I purchased are:

B&W 804S
McIntosh MC205
Rotel 1570

I did get a matching center channel and rear speakers for home theater
use, but this is what I will be using for 2 channel listening.

The current "weak" link in the system is a good source unit as I only
have a bluray player.  I have meticulously ripped all my CD's to FLAC
using EAC/Lame.

Do you think the Transporter is the best match for my system?  I have
an SB3 currently and love the ease of use for accessing my music. I know
it's a very general question, but what are my alternatives related to
price point and value?

Thanks

--
parkmad