Rodney_Gold;424327 Wrote:
> Digital output of both TP and SB3 equal. So your decision to buy a TP
> has to be related to it's DAC and some other peripheral questions.
> If you expect the TP to trounce the SB3 sonically , you will be
> dissapointed. IMHO if sonics are the only question then an outboard
> DACof your choice and flavour might be the better buy.
> If you want looks , digital effects loop , balanced outputs , better
> power supply , the ability to play hi rez music and the ability of the
> TP to act as a stand alone DAC and digital pre all in one unit  - then
> buy one.

If you have the money for the Transporter, if it were me, I would put
that in your system in a heartbeat.

I have to disagree with Rodney on the TP and SB3 digital output being
equal. The TP has a much better power supply. And I believe the Jitter
is much lower on the TP then on the SB3.

I do tend to lean toward Rodney's way of thinking when only using the
digital output to a point. I am in the camp that the SB3 and a DAC like
the Bel Canto is hard to beat, but combined they cost more then a
Transporter. Again just my personal opinion, but my Dodson DA-217 MK2-D
Digital Processor sounds better and is more real and alive when being
feed from my Transporter then from my SBR or SB3.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
House Portable: SB3, Audioengine A5
Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
Expedition: SB3, ToughBook