I have the transporter and I really like it. I had to make a few changes
to add some euphonics to the set up. I am still tweaking my capacitors
and am heading toward oils for the t-amp. I added some obligattos to my
maggies and they really helped.

The transporter is great BUT it tends to be a bit on the clinical side.
Very clean and accurate - but it needs a bit of color. The Modwright
cures that with tubes. I think that is a bit of an overkill but if you
are into tubes anyway it could be a good go. You could probably
compliment the transporter very well with solid state gear but you have
to be a little selective.

I'm not sure there is an easy answer to your situation! - The more
tweaking I do the more I feel like I want to do! Thats part of the
hobby. Sometimes small changes can make a big difference. Like gutting
your gear of its crappy wires and replace with silver. It doesnt cost a
lot and a large bang for the buck. You have to start with something that
already is "good" in an entry level sort of way. Every manufacturer cuts
corners to save cost. Sometimes even just a $10 run of silver wire can
make a larger difference.

--
earwaxer

Waxer