Making progress... I have ordered a Transporter and will give an update
as soon as I get it. While there were a lot of choices for upgrading the
DAC of the SB, the decision for a new amp is maybe even harder. But this
does need to be upgraded. I may have a source for Bryston at a favorable
price, and I have a friend of a friend that makes tube amps. So maybe a
Bryston 4BSST2 for the bottom end (300wpc at 8ohms) and a smaller tube
amp for the upper end. Not really sure, still doing a lot of homework.

The integrated amp solution is not as appealing as I don't really need
a preamp, and the Kappa's really should be bi amped, and need a lot of
high current power from what I hear.

I will keep the Infinity Kappa 9's, as they are probably the strongest
part of the system.

Thanks for all of the input.

--
John_Dumke