earwaxer;452455 Wrote:
> Possibly even better would be the Modwright Transporter - modified with
> tubes etc! Some very real bucks there at just under $4K! The Modwright
> was rated "state of the art" by 6moons! You cant get much better than
> that!

That is a matter of opinion (as is pretty much everything). Sticking
some tubes in the output stage of a DAC sure changes the sound and
certainly some people will prefer it. Stating it as categorically better
is just wrong.

As for 6moons "SOTA"... please don't go there. Your own ears are the
ONLY truth. Use those. Trust no-one, believe nothing. These are your
"dollars", spend them wisely and do not seek affirmation. We all make
our own choices.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom