I agree with iPhone. Most problems I've encountered with my  wireless  (
Netgear g ) setup were solved by moving the router to another location
in the house. As far as your other questions I've gone the SB2/Duet
route. ( I have one of each )  One advantage of the Transporter is that
it allows for playing 24/96 files. However you would probably be using
the built-in DAC which I understand is of excellent quality but may be
surpassed by some stand alone DAC's. I prefer to wait for the next
generation SB which will likely be less expensive than the Transporter
but will allow 24/96 processing. This allows for upgrading the DAC over
time and less likelihood of buying something that becomes out of date .

--
avta