I've considered CD's obsolete for years now. It was 6 years ago that I
last played a CD. The only CD player I had for the last 6 years was the
DVD optical drive in a computer.

But as long as we can't download everything in flac, we still need them
as a means for physical transport of the music. It will probably take
many more years before all the record companies are belly up and it's
the artists and studio's selling the content on-line. I can't wait for
that day and oh yeah let it be top dynamic-range and so high res that I
will complain about download times!

The current vinyl's sound MUCH better than the distorted loudness-war
CD's out there. I'm listening to digitized vinyl right now and it's some
of the best (sounding) material I have.

cheers,
Nick.

--