Here's a link to the coverage given to this story by the TAS

http://www.avguide.com/blog/linn-products-announce-the-death-cd

While most of the high end audio publications provide coverage on music
streaming devices and systems, often times with very positive reviews,
their bread and butter still appears to be endless coverage of over
priced CD/SACD players accompanied by fawning reviews. It's a good thing
that quite a few well respected high end manufacturers (Linn, Meriden,
Naim to name a few) can clearly see the writing on the wall and are
acting proactively by offering either their own music streaming devices
or DACs to work with existing music streaming devices.

What I'm waiting for are high resolution (24bit 88.2 or 96 kHz)
lossless files available for legal download and made directly from the
original analog master tapes, not the digital masters originally created
for making CDs. I would love to be able to A/B these hi-rez files played
back using a Transporter with the original vinyl played back on my Linn
LP12.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2