To extend this a little bit further...
the higher the level of compression, the higher the amount of work
required to de-compress.  It seems that the Transporter isn't quite
capable of de-compressing 24/96 flac files with high levels of
compression.  Converting to wav, or reducing the amount of compression
being dealt with internally overcomes the problem.

Personally, I've given up on the Transporter with 24/96 flac files.  I
save and listen to all my hi res files uncompressed....

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight