kphinney;478506 Wrote:

> Humor me and try this:  Go analog from your TP to your Rotel and from
> the Rotel ONLY to the 703's.
>
> I understand that you probably want to have all of the speakers and
> gear and probably use it as a home theater, but this will give you an
> idea of what a simple and clean path can really do.  Then tweak
> accordingly from there.  I only mention this because I think once you
> hear what you've been missing you'll be shocked.

so I bit the bullet, swapped out the 4308 & 1080, for a Rotel RSP-1570
processor & RMB-1575 5ch poweramp... my sound guy did a pretty decent
trade in on the old amps too so was well happy with that

fired up the TP, ran the 1570 in 2ch bypass mode...

WOW

so this is what my 703s should have been sounding like all this time?
there's finally actual BASS coming from them heh

you're right, very shocked at what i've been missing... the difference
the new Class D amps have made is astounding... a more clinical sound
yes, but far more engaging, i'm hearing sounds never knew where there
before

before my system sounded pretty average at low volumes, and quite harsh
at very high volumes.... now it's crystal clear and smooth at any
volume, no brittle harshness even when I really belt it out

even playing CDs in the Beosound is infinitely better

plus the amps run so cool the TP doesn't overheat anything like it use

thanks for the advice, much appreciated! :)

now if I can just get the issue with Duet remote constantly going to
sleep and crashing every time i 'wake it up', and be able to fast-foward
when using .cue files for single mp3/flac mixed file, i'll be a right
happy camper :D

--
FARQ