there is nothing I can do with the layout of the room, the position of
the speakers, or re-arranging the position of the TP in my stack,
unfortunately... that level of my house is an open plan rectangle, with
the kitchen at one end & lounge/home av at the other... with where my
LCD is mounted and shelf/cabinets is for the equipment, the speakers can
only be in one position, but for what I had to work with it seems to
work ok.

I spent the weekend pulling everything out, re-configuring and
tweaking.... put the straps in to the 703s so not bi-amping, and powered
with only the Rotel RB-1080... little less bottom end through the 703s,
but does seem to be a much smoother sound & I'm happy with it thus far
:)

tried re-arranging the stack so both amps were on one side, and my
dvd/TP/beyonwiz on the other... amp stack won't fit, about 15mm too
high... so my only option is to keep the TP where it is, on top of the
rotel and under the beyonwiz... though after playing music for a few
hours the TP was so hot to the touch I couldn't put my hand on it... I
will however order in some of those black ravioli risers to give it more
space between the components, hopefully that will help.

put the old DAC8 in my bedroom with my SB Duet, it's just a small
system with a pair of mounted Minipods & the Bass Station, & for that
room sounds great... I know it's not "high end" but I was a fan of the
old Blueroom pods from way back

as a thought though, do you think replacing the Denon 4308, with say a
Rotel RSP-1570 surround sound processor, & a Rotel RMB-1575 250w 5ch
Power Amp, would make much difference? or is it going to be much the
same?

worked out I can get away with spending around $4,000 to get it done
with trading in the Denon, but obviously there's little point if it's
not going to make much difference

--
FARQ