Phil Leigh;502039 Wrote:
> The more I think about it the less sense the "cpu working harder=more
> noise=more jitter" theory makes to me.
>
> Surely this would be measurable using a jitter analyser?

The mechanism would be noise on the power supply internal to the FPGA.
Variations of supply voltage do affect gate timing, and we have to allow
for this when designing chips.  If I recall Sean's description of the
touch's spdif circuitry correctly though, there's a retiming flop,
external to the FPGA isn't there?  It would greatly reduce, if not
eliminate, this source of jitter.

And yes, there's no reason that this can't be measured and put to bed!

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight