twheatley;526597 Wrote:
> Getting my Transporter tomorrow - currently using a Tact Mini as my
> pre-amp (driven digitally by an SB3), but it would seem that the
> internal layout is suboptimal when compared to the RCS 2.2XP.
>
> Looking forward to seeing how it sounds when I use it purely for
> digital room correction and use the Transporter's DAC.
>
> One question I have though, when I tried running the Tact Mini into a
> Benchmark DAC-1 it sounded distorted as if it was being overdriven -
> anyone else have this problem?
>
> Also:
> Can I assume that the Tact volume of 99.9 is equal to 100%?
> Are there any other setings on the Tact I need to change?
> Will there be a noticeable difference if I use the coax digital out/in
> vs balanced?
>
> Very intrigued to try the server 24/96 upsampling too.

Regarding upsampling.

Is there any difference between doing the upsamling on SBS server or
let the Tact do the upsampling itself??

--
callesoroe

Callesoroe
SB-duet, Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan Vista
speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma PLUS(PANELS),
Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)