lrossouw;535952 Wrote:
> On MP3s at least itunes' soundcheck writes different tag (something like
> "itunnorm") for track gain (no album gain AFAIK).  Don't like soundcheck
> (pretty slow) on itunes' so I found an action on mp3tag to convert
> normal replaygain tags (done by foobar) to soundcheck values which I
> use for ipod music.
>
> Not sure what Apple formats do.

Agree. I use mp3tag action to take replaygain album gain value and
replace the ITUNNORM soundcheck value within my mp3 files (so on my
ipod, the soundcheck is using album values rather than track values).
But none of this is relevant to me for my SB use, as all my files have
replaygain track & album values (FLAC or mp3), and SbS is using the
replaygain values in lieu of the Soundcheck values, where both exist.

--
garym