pfarrell;542158 Wrote:
> mswlogo wrote:
> > I work with analog and digital signals at data rates that would make
> > your head spin.
>
> Specifics please?
>

> > Replies like yours are priceless.
> >
> > I'm sorry that the clipping I'm referring to is beyond your grasp.
>
> 1/10
>
> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/

I write software for Mass Spectrometers. We sample at 4Ghz. We
determine the speed at which IONS fly through a vaccum in order to
determine their Mass.

We have dozens of DACs and ADCs and I understand them quite well. We
oversample from 2 - 2 million times. The we use an ADC that cost around
$23K each (that's discounted in volume).

I also have written a childrens programming language and digital
simulator I publish for free and used in many schools and colleges.
Hence the name mswlogo.

I also run the Meridian forum for 10 years. And have invested about
$40K in Meridian audio. And I want every ounce of performance out of
it.

Is that specific enough for you? Do you need my full resume?

I would provide you some real examples with wave forms to explain how
this works but you folks are so close minded I think I'd be wasting my
time.

I gave a fairly good example.

Here it is again slightly changed.

Think of a photo that is 24 x 24 inches.

But your frame is 16x16.

Where is the best place to place the frame?

The "important" content is in the middle !!

Do you place it on the upper right corner?
So you won't "Clip" the upper right.
Oh my that would be terrible to clip white sky with a tiny bug in it
you can't see from 2 feet away. Let the bug clip so you can get some
nice grass on the bottom. It adds to the WHOLE picture.

You place it some where in the middle.

You could "compress" the photo to fit but that has problems too. But a
little compression is ok.

It's a balance !!!

Don't ignore the bottom (even if it's low level).
Don't be parnoid about the top either (if it does not persist long
enough you won't hear it).

And don't F'k with the frame once it's been placed by a good framer.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)