mlsstl;543615 Wrote:
> What do you mean by "crashed" your amp? Is it physically burnt out or
> non-operational and needs repair?
>
> Or is it just not functioning correctly and needs to be powered down
> and restarted (as one might think of a computer crash)?
>
> Or does it mean something else?
>
> I've had a SB3 for several years and used a variety of amps and never
> had a problem. I know of no "ugly signals" - if the signal is truly
> distorted, then reducing volume is not a fix.
>
> It is possible the SB3 is bad. The solution there would be to try a
> different source with the amp (such as a CD player, tuner, etc.) and
> see if the issue repeats.
>
> Also, your issue has virtually nothing to do with this thread. I'd
> suggest you start a new one that is specific to your issue.

hi,
yes i know...but i read about your volume bit discussion and thought
this could have an impact on my solution now...to lower the output
power of my squeezebox may lowers the quality of my output signal...but
i am maybe wrong.. anywhay i change the thread...fanx for your comment

by the way...the amp was dead...-> back to the supplier :-(

johannes

--
johannes