mswlogo;544182 Wrote:
> Enjoy.
>
> http://meridianunplugged.com/downloads/ComparisonTransporterDigitalAttenutionTest/Comparison.htm
Ah this is what you referred to on the other thread! Thanks.

Again, assuming this is accurate, the degradation is very non-linear
like with the SB. 2.1db down on the first 12db of attenuation, then a
further 8.1db down on the next 12db of attenuation. Of course much
lower loss of dynamic range per db of attenuation and, as predicted,
yet more non-linear. But I'm surprised the results don't show a much
lower loss of dynamic range overall.

I don't understand the -6db column. Is the dynamic range really worse
at -6db than at -12db? That looks incorrect - or maybe I
misunderstand.

Was a 16 bit signal used for the test?
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

(Inguz bass EQ'd) SB3 -> (pre bypassed) Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
(caps bass EQ'd) Desktop -> Genius Slab SW-flat2.1 700
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II