mswlogo;544436 Wrote:
> Live in and Live out. It's both. All testing was Live in and out.
>
> There is only one data rate setting "Per Action" (Record/Play, Record,
> Play). I used Record/Play.
>
> I was also not sure if RightMark assumes it's always paired since it
> behaved that way when they are tied together (i.e. live in and live
> out).
>
> I think this is what they mean by "loop back mode".

Ah... yes that IS what they mean by loopback - RMAA was designed to
test sound cards by connecting their ins to their outs directly (that's
the "loopback") - You are inserting the transporter DAC between the
spdif output of the TASCAM and the analogue input of the Tascam? -
that's still a "loopback".

I'm measuring the Touch DAC in a very different way because it doesn't
have a digital input...

To do the Touch you use RMAA to generate a WAV test file, then play
that back with SBS whilst recording the Touch analogue outs into the
soundcard analogue ins. Then RMAA can analyse the recording.

By the way, this is basically the same MO as using AudioDiffMaker...
both methods compare two files...looking for differences...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio