darrenyeats;544311 Wrote:
> Ah this is what you referred to on the other thread! Thanks.
>
> Again, assuming this is accurate, the degradation is non-linear like
> with the SB. 2.1db down on the first 12db of attenuation, then a
> further 8.1db down on the next 12db of attenuation. Of course much
> lower loss of dynamic range per db of attenuation and, as predicted,
> yet more non-linear. But I'm surprised the results don't show a much
> lower loss of dynamic range overall.
>
> I don't understand the -6db column. Is the dynamic range really worse
> at -6db than at -12db? That looks incorrect - or maybe I
> misunderstand.
>
> Was a 16 bit signal used for the test?
> Darren

There's something odd about THAT test - the DR and Noise results don't
add up at -6dB - and I'm not convinced the attenuation settings are
correct.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio