mswlogo;545425 Wrote:
> Phil, they ALL have hybrid volume control.
>
> 565,561,568,G68,G61,G91,G92,G95,861,6k,8k,5k,5.2k,7k,7.2k
>
> With or without driving DSP speakers.

If that's true - and I can't/don't want to argue it either way as I
don't have any Meridian gear and you do - I'd love to know exactly how
it's implemented in the processors. The speakers I understand. All I
have is the datasheets you pointed me at (I've read a lot of them!) -
and they mostly don't explain HOW things are implemented. A block
diagram would be really helpful. I'm now fascinated by this from an
engineering perspective - you have piqued my curiousity to the extent
that I am now pouring over datasheets for equipment I will never own
:-)

Have you ever tested the G68 s/pdif outputs into your Tascam? Any level
reduction there must be done in the digital domain.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio