richardw;560395 Wrote:
> Logitech sells custom made 1k ear phones for g's sake! They certainly
> would be better off with the TP!

I'm not convinced. There are just too many things that doesn't line up
as far as Logitech vs. high-end audiogear, goes. Take for instance
support. It seems clear that the Logitech support channels are not at
all geared towards spending time on individual requests - beyond the
very basics. Spares, and even standard accessories such as batteries,
seems a PIA to obtain from Logitech.

While the degree of professionalism may vary greatly, I think its fair
to say that most manufacturers of amps/cdp/dacs/etc in the the, say,
>2000USD range usually shows some degree of willingness to customize
the total product-experience offered to each customer often through
elaborate dealer and distributer channels. And frankly, when I spend
>2000USD on an audio-component, I honestly also expect support beyond
the couple of years of mandatory warranty. It worked like this in the
Slimdevice-days, but not anymore.

--
bhaagensen