Hi there,

If this is already done, please direct me to the correct thread!

I have 3 SBs and a number of Macbooks, and my music is spread all over.
I usually use a SB3 with a linear power supply and a number of
differentDACs in my main system.    My main iTunes library has some
corrupt files, so its a good time to get  things in order.

I will only be using Macs.

I want to rip my CDs losslessly to a library on an external HD, and
keep a compressed copy on my laptop and my iphones.  I'll probably keep
a 1 Tb portable USB drive on the hifi rack and just attach the laptop
when I want to use it.

What's the best way to do this, which seems to involve: 1) choosing a
ripping program (or just using iTunes and Apple Lossless, 2) making
128/256 duplicates of the lossless files, 3) movinig the lossless files
to an external drive, and 4) easily  pointing iTunes and/or
Squeezecenter to the correct library when I want to listen to the
lossless files.

Thanks so much,

Bruce

--