empty99;572543 Wrote:
> I heard nothing but positives on the Transporter, but being a
> discontinued product, there is something to worry about.

As a rule, every product in audio is discontinued after being
released.
Take a pair of speakers, receiver, amplifier.. (everything else is
exception, like some add-on board to top of the line receiver)

Transporter is still receiving bug-fixes, even some features.

Yesterday, I had Weiss DAC202 and compared it head-to-head to
Transporter: first via XLR output of Transporter and then against
IEEE1394 from computer to Weiss, both sounded very, very close. Weiss
was a bit more smooth, and I think there was better channel separation,
a bit bigger soundstage, and better imaging..but this is 7000$ piece..

Definitely, I am keeping Transporter :)

--
michael123