A preliminary note on the Linn Sampler downloads. I've only investigated
some tracks. The FLAC file sizes are 260 vs 980 MB - the high resolution
being nearly 4 times as large as CD quality.

16/44.1 --- VLC plays those tracks nicely. But Audacity does not appear
to interpret the 16/44.1 download correctly. All tracks tested show
solid blue instead of the normal jagged amplitude graph.  VERY loud
noise if I try to play.  I just downloaded Audacity a few days ago so
maybe there's something I need to change...

24/88.2 -- VLC plays fine. Audacity accepts these files as expected.
Some tracks show frequency well beyond 19 or 22KHz.  But after a smooth
decline, there's often a hump in the 30s that seems most peculiar.  Some
other tracks appear to be filtered to 44.1 sample rates.

Listening tests later...

--
R Johnson