Wombat;581889 Wrote:
> They must be coloring the sound nicely. They only have up to 10x the
> distortion of a simple NE5534 but most likely add some sweetness. Add
> some Black Gate NX and you´ll have indeed tuned sound. Nowhere near to
> neutral and most likely way worse specs measuring wise as what the
> engeneer of the unit tried to archive.
> But it indeed sounds better to many.

Why do think about 10x distortion? These are -discrete circuits-...
(any links?)
Anyway, I do not care if it is 0.0001% or 0.001%, and the question here
is WHICH distortion. Which harmonics are added.. It is a full suite of
analysis, I could not care less if that is THD..

But yes, it sounds better. Most impressive thing I got is the texture
of the musical instruments (micro-dynamics is the word?), especially
percussion.

I still have very high SNR in my system, this is easily tested with WAV
files..
Sound is clean, got more depth.. and less boring than of stock unit

--
michael123