Hi there, Mnyb.

Thanks for your reply, i appreciate it, too.

About Creek sound: You might be right. I had chosen that CD player
after auditing it alongside with other (more expensive) options.
However, it is rather difficult to figure out, what is "real" and what
is taste. In my experience, I tend to like detail, precise (groovy...)
timing, solo instruments and voices that you can imagine standing in
front of you, dynamic and precise bass, and when listening to classical
music, it is crucial that instruments don't mix up in a porridge -
probably the most important part for a DAC (or whatever gear).

About DNM: Yes, it is true, their maker does have quite a particular
philosophy. However, it works... I compared it with creek amplifiers,
crimson preamp/amp chains. DNM just brings you every little detail of
the sound that the others simply didn't reproduce. Amazing. And I have
"only" an older, second hand version... (simply can't afford the new
ones). They are certainly of the "analytical" kind of devices, avoiding
whatever color (about the opposite of the tube-philosophy). All a
question of taste...

The DNMs with the almost-one-way Rehdeko speakers give a nice chain to
analyze the source.

You are certainly right putting into consideration the Power Supply.
Considering that the power supplies of most so called self-declared
high end DACs cost more than the entire Squeezebox... there might of
course be some potential in that.

So... I am still considering... For the time being, I try to figure
out, if Musical Fidelity M1 DAC or Audio-GD DAC - 19 would be the
better choice...

Of course, an audition would be by far the best thing to do. Just...
finding a dealer who has those options in stock for audition is rather
difficult, unfortunately...

Enjoy your evening! Cheers, Diego

--
diego